Condensed version of the Buying from Amazon.co.jp page. All links in this page will open in a full-sized window.
1. Click the Add to cart button. (Sample book page)
2. Check the shopping cart list.
3. Click the Proceed to checkout button.
4. Complete the sign-in screen (won't appear if you're already signed in). Enter your E-mail address, and select first-time or existing customer (also enter password).
5. Click the Sign in button.
If you're a new user, complete the password screen, and click the Continue button.
6. Complete the shipping address screen. Click "International Address" for outside Japan, and (wonders!) this bit of the form is in English. (The example shows the Japanese entry, but if you're in Japan, you can presumably get help with it.)
7. Click the Continue button.
If you've been here before, click the Use this address button.
8. Select the delivery method. (This is a bit fiddly, and the options might be subject to change, but you will be able to check the total shipping cost before committing yourself.)
9. Click the Continue button.
10. Enter the payment details. Credit card is the only real option: select the type, and enter number, expiry date, and name on the card. Or select existing card details.
11. Click the Continue button.
12. Now the billing address should be the same: simply click the Use this address button.
13. Getting there! Check the confirmation screen.
14. If everything is OK, click the Confirm order button.
15. You should now get the "Order received" thank you page, and will shortly receive a confirmation E-mail.
© Brian Chandler 2001
Created October 2001 - WDG validated