This is a guide to all pages in the Shop - use the links at the bottom of the page to explore other parts of the Imaginatorium.
Word search in Imaginatorium Shop
Enter keywords to find words anywhere in the Imaginatorium Shop pages. This matches any of the words, unless you put "+" signs in - or quote (e.g. "puzzle glue") to find an exact phrase. Use the separate search for the whole Imaginatorium site. (Powered by Atomz)
- Scenic index - Thumbnail guide to scenic puzzle pages
- Cherry blossom : Harbinger of spring
- Flowers : Flowers in the landscape
- Summer : The great outdoors
- Autumn : Dazzling red maples
- Winter : Snow and ice
- Mt. Fuji : Japan's iconic mountain
- Japanese castles
- Temples and shrines : Temple buildings from both Buddhist and Shinto traditions
- Trains : Railways of Japan
- Mountain roads : The old routes over Japan's mountainous backbone, and the bridges along them
- Bridges : Japanese bridges, both ancient and modern
- Tokyo : Sights of Japan's capital
- Kyoto scenes : The temples and gardens of Japan's old capital
- Fireworks : Spectacular displays are a regular feature of the summer
- Mizuno : Temples and gardens of Kyoto; photos by Mizuno Katsuhiko
- Scenic 300 : Other scenic puzzles up to 300 pieces
- Scenic 500 : Other scenic puzzles around 500 pieces
- Scenic 1000 : Other scenic puzzles around 1000 pieces
- Scenic 1500+ : Other scenic puzzles 1500 pieces and larger
- Exotic : Exotic locations, in and around Asia
Illustration - modern styles and cute characters
The world of anime
Puzzle themes - Western Art
- Western index - Thumbnail guide to artists and themes
- Classics : Great paintings from Western art
- Mucha : Master of the style of Art Nouveau, Alphonse Mucha
- Alice : Lewis Carroll's best-loved character
- Lassen : The work of marine artist Christian Riese Lassen
- Americana : Folk art from Sev Ickes, Jane Wooster Scott, Charles Wysocki
- Anne of Green Gables : Nippon Animation version of the famous story
- Moomins : The lovable characters from Finnish author Tove Jansson
- Peanuts : Snoopy and the gang: characters from the Charles Schulz strip
- Ellenshaw : Classic paintings of Disney themes by Peter and Harrison Ellenshaw
- Gonzalez : Paintings by Disney artist Rodel Gonzalez
- James Coleman : Disney artist
- Garmash : Family paintings with Disney characters
- Disney : The whole range of Disney characters
- Miscellaneous - The puzzles that didn't fit in above
- Mandalas : Buddhist maps of the mystic cosmos
- Heian period : Images from the great flowering of Japanese culture more than one thousand years ago
- Floral collection : Flower arrangements in all colours
- None of the above : Puzzler's puzzles, difficult and different
- Tiny pieces : These puzzles need nimble fingers as well as patience
- Petit : Postcard size, with tiny pieces
- Combination 1500+400 : Epoch's top-rated challenge puzzles
- Scroll : Vertical scroll puzzles
- Bargains : Remaindered puzzles at half-price or less
Once you have added a puzzle to the basket, extra links appear at the top right corner of the window. (This is just an example, so the links don't work!)
- View basket - You can check the puzzles in the basket, remove one, or empty the basket.
- Checkout - Start the payment procedure. First select the shipping method and destination country, to calculate the final total. On the next page you can check the final details, then make your online payment.
At any stage, if there is a problem or you need to know more, please use the order enquiry form at the bottom of each checkout page.
- Heian period (August 2006)
- Japanese castles (September 2006)
- Mountain roads (April 2007)
- Fireworks (August 2007)
- Bargain offers - Reduced prices on selected puzzles
- Top ten - Our best-seller list
- Last chance! - Only one left of each of these puzzles...
- Special orders - When you can't find the puzzle you want, please use this page to ask
- Missing! - When you have the puzzle, but can't find a piece
- Artists - Complete list of artists whose work features on our puzzles
Just for completeness... puzzles on the following pages are no longer available.
- The Attic - Complete list of puzzles no longer available
- Yoshioka - Cute characters by Hideki Yoshioka
- Murals - how to display puzzles on the wall, without needing to buy a frame!
A Beverly puzzle
- More about the manufacturers (including box contents, website, product codes): Apollo - Appleone - Artbox - Beverly - Epoch - Road - Tenyo - Yanoman
- A page from some years back - some more historical information about the manufacturers.
These are my recommendations, but of course I cannot make any guarantees about the contents of other sites.
Sonia and Andrew Reynolds' site for collectors: Comprehensive worldwide list - puzzle manufacturers names and addresses
Jack-in-the-Box Puzzles: Scott Stafford's handcrafted made-to-order wooden jigsaw puzzles. This site includes some interesting background material on puzzle cutting.
MGC's Custom Made Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles & Fine Art Gallery: Mark Cappitella makes hand-crafted wooden puzzles for adults and children with 4 to 2,500+ pieces, using personal enlarged photographs, fine art prints, logos and digital images. Each jigsaw puzzle is custom made to order and completely personalized for Weddings, Birthdays, Corporate Events, Anniversary and Holiday gifts. The history page is particularly interesting - Mark thought he had invented wooden puzzles!
PuzzleHouse.com - "Upscale, high quality, hard to find jigsaw puzzles." Located in New Hampshire, USA, this established company offers a pretty good range, particularly of European manufacturers. (No Japanese puzzles though!)
J. C. Ayer & Company Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles - "J.C. Ayer and Company sells heirloom-quality, wooden jigsaw puzzles
featuring fine art reproductions and custom-made puzzles."
Another company producing custom wooden puzzles in Massachusetts. Insteand of being hand-cut like most such puzzles, these are made with Jim Ayer's own design of water-jet cutting machine, which allows him to offer batch production as well.
Custom Puzzle Craft - John Stokes: "Custom wooden jigsaw puzzles cut with an artist's eye".
Jeannette Aragon in California makes handcrafted wooden puzzles and toys.
Platinum Puzzles craft wooden puzzles in Canaan, New Hampshire.
(I am always adding links to this section, and one day I will organise it properly... )
- "THE MAP" - the former range of high quality bargain (paper) maps of Japan; we still have some unfolded (rolled) maps of Japan and the world in Japanese.